Dan's Fanfiction Dan's Fanfiction

Pretty solid!

Animation and audio synched together nicely and you brought life to a memorable Steam Train moment.

Guncross Trailer Guncross Trailer

Ok, Positives:
The art style is good. The animation for the most part is good for what it is.

Negatives:
First off, as you said in the description, the audio seemed very grainy and subdued, like it had been recorded using a camcorder or phone from being played somewhere else. Thematically, the music fit, but the pacing was off so it really made it stand out.When it comes to trailers, the music synching with the visual queues is almost as important as what's being shown on screen. The pacing seemed to be picking up as the city panned, leading to some dramatic moment and then... peaceful view of a train going through the city. The purpose of a trailer is to get people interested in your final product and the best way to do that is to punctuate several dramatic shots in conjunction with dramatic points in the audio track that runs with your trailer.

I think you've got some talent and I'll look forward to seeing your final product when it arrives.

RA1S0R responds:

Yea I converted the file using swivel, I didn't the sound would be that bad :(
Thanks for the feedback

Regular News Debate Regular News Debate

Always a fan, Apps.

It's not the funniest out there, but it stays true to reality, as that's pretty much what debates wind up becoming nowadays.

Thanks for another good vid.
:D

Cooper the Creeper Cooper the Creeper

Oh man.
Apps, thank you.
I've been a fan of yours since Renegade Awesome. I was having a terrible evening and then I saw this and instantly my night was revived.
Thank you again for providing me with a laugh when I really needed it.
-Ash

Action Bunnies Action Bunnies

Fantastic

I haven't logged into Newgrounds in quite a while, but I saw this on the front page and looked at it on a whim... My God I am glad I did. Instantly added to favorites. This is the kind of humor that takes some talent to pull off because if it's done wrong, it's just stupid.
This flash though: Timing was perfect, the inflection of the voices were brilliant. The jokes were random and pulled off beautifully.
Congrats on making a great piece of work.

Awesome Reach Awesome Reach

Why?

Okay. I understand the humor intended, or at least I believe I do. Due to all the Halo junkies out there, this is a fun exaggeration (somewhat) of the biggest fanatics and their reaction to bringing the game home for the first time and getting their fix.

Now, while, as always, the animation is fluid, the quality is lessened (possibly intentionally) due to the exaggerated speed. Now, this same type of speed which has come to represent the "Awesome" series, works in several earlier pieces, due to the small amount of "OMFGWTFAHHHHHH" spasms that were present in them.... rather than making the entire flash one of those seizures.

To be perfectly honest, my favorite part of this was the buildup at the very beginning, and then expecting a good joke or two before a rapid finish. To my disappointment, all I received were shouts and grunts with no intelligible dialogue.

Now, I've been a huge fan of your work, Egoraptor, since the very first MGA when it first debuted on Newgrounds. I'm not flaming nor do I think this is a failed piece, I just wish it could have been improved beyond just a rabies-foaming acid trip to the original mix of craziness + sarcasm/witty humor.

Just a concerned fan hoping that a beloved series doesn't get abused.

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful

The Only Thing I Know The Only Thing I Know

I've been waiting a while to find the right words

This flash should be a Public Service Announcement.
I, as well, have been playing video games for the past 21 years, and I have recently been recruited to work for a game company. I have lived, still live and will continue to live video games as a large part of my life.
I believe some of the reviewers who are offended(while they are as much entitled to their opinions as I am mine), are viewing things in a personal manner.
I see where you are merely stating your personal experiences and how your desire to play games interfered with your personal life.
I, myself, was a Raid Leader/Guild Master on WoW for 2 years. The game itself did not create the addiction to playing it, it was that simulation of having influence over other people and being the one in control of so much and having people look up to me for a change that truly had me addicted for some time. It was not until I failed a college class that I woke up and realized that I had to focus on my priorities and know that the real world needed to be my primary focus and the virtual world be an entertaining hobby, as it was intended. Blizzard never intends for any of its players to become addicted to their product, they simply create a game that is enjoyable to as many people as possible. It falls to the players to find their own path.
It took a wake up call by my fiancé (ironically we met on World of Warcraft) to bring me to my senses and I thank her for this. It is through her consistent assistance and help that I am able to play whatever I wish without exceeding my capabilities and abdicating my duties.
As for the other reviewers thinking that this flash "mocks" games or the designers, let me tell you now *As a Video Game Designer*, I am not offended in the least. Those of us who create games do not do so with the intention of separating people from reality. We merely aim to grant the user an enjoyable experience that can be shared with others.
Also to the reviewers who continually call "reading a book" as just as much a waste of time as mindlessly playing games, or the depictions of gamers in the flash being "stereotypical and re-used", they are there to give the viewer an opportunity to relate. I guarantee that if it had just been internet images throughout, or even hand-drawn images, it would not have had the same impact that the South Park "NerdPro" had (Which, that episode, in and of itself is, as is all of South Park, an implicit message, similar to the one of this flash). As for the books being a waste of time? The flash is simply stating alternatives that could be done to show the magnitude of achieving such things as a level 80 character on WoW. It is not arguing that it takes a long time to do, or that it is any more or less entertaining; nor is it discrediting that games *can* have an intricate and diverse stories that are truly engaging and worthy of being called novels in and of themselves.
However, most players I have encountered often ignore the story and skip through what they can in order to get to the "good stuff". It is far easier to do this in a game than in a book.
You truly hit the nail on the head when you said it is about the community though. I have made life-long friends and even met my fiancé through the facilities of World of Warcraft and it will forever be a part of my life, however, the part of it that is important, is the bonds that we make with others, not the digital achievements and accomplishments that we unlock.

Thank you so much for making this, it nearly makes my eyes misty when I know exactly what you've gone through and relate it to my own difficulties as well as remembering to be the best designer that I can be in the future, creating games that do bring value and opportunity to the table, instead of just consuming time.
-Ash

TmsT's "Spy & Pyro" TmsT's "Spy & Pyro"

Oh My God, best punchline ever.

I was teetering on either side of the fence while I was watching this, because even with the excellent visuals, the "Love Machine" part of the movie dragged on a bit too long (still worked fine though), but then, the ending... My God, I wasn't expecting a pun of that quality, nor could I have.

You sir, win the internet.

8-Bitch5: EvilOnTheAttack 8-Bitch5: EvilOnTheAttack

Entertaining even moreso if you know the backstory

As far as the comments of the creators of this flash go, as well as those of TLF and the 8-Bit Theater crew, this flash is not a direct attack towards TLF or 8-Bit Theater in general. It, exactly as in Arfenhouse Teh Movie Too, depicts the infinite number of knockoffs and cheap imitations of the original story by Brian Clevinger.
There are too many sprite movies out there that are just as real as the one exaggerated and portrayed in this flash. Flashes where the voice actors were speaking into McDonald's microphones with the worst sound quality ever, using stolen dialogue without permission from Brian Clevinger (8BT's creator) and claiming it as their own and increased bandwidth and file size through the roof even if its only a minute long.
That is what this flash is parodying, not directly an attack on 8-Bit Theater's story, TLF, or respectable flash artists who take the time and effort to make a decent movie.
In that respect, Misteroo and crew do a phenomenal job, I can't say how many times I have watched this in an attempt to find the correct words to describe just how bizarrely humorous this movie is.
I think I will simply have to settle for:
An extraordinary experience, certain to leave you rubbing your forehead rapidly in attempt to recover the lost brain cells, laughing the entire time.

In conclusion, One of my all time favorites, and I hope others will read this review and come to understand and appreciate the deeper level of interest within this oddity of flash.

the Last of the Dashkin the Last of the Dashkin

The Best Bitey thus far

As per usual, the graphical quality is beyond unreal. In addition to that, this is the first time that true, visible plot has been brought to light. Not only granting us a synopsis of Bitey's life, but also his origin and an attempt to reveal that there's much more to come than simple forest life. In addition to that, the narration was done with a flawless quality, even in some of the better works of Newgrounds, occasional mic problems occur or some editing was left undone, but here it was simply flawless.
Prior to this episode, I viewed the series only out of the sheer awe for the mastery of the art and animation of the videos. This installment however, has brought new life into the series and I anxiously await the next arrival in the collection.